Well, stories don’t get much worse than this. A 14-year-old boy in China was killed when his chair exploded, sending chunks of metal into his rectum. The bleeding this caused killed him.
The alleged explosion came from the gas cylinder that was in the base of the chair, the part that allowed the user to adjust the seat up and down. The canister gets compressed when you sit on it, but can it actually create enough energy to make the seat cushion explode like that and kill a man? I doubt it, but this is what people are reporting.
I am currently sitting on the floor!Favorite This!
7 thoughts on “Boy killed by office chair explosion”
I’m trying to picture this. The chair used a gas cylinder to adjust height and the kid tried to adjust his chair and the gas cylinder exploded?
Something like that. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some office chair modding going on there, lol
@tiki god: Those crazy Chinese.
My god, now I’m scared for my rectum.
I guess when his mom said to get off his ass or the chair would become permanently lodged in his rectum he just didn’t listen.
I once took apart the base of a chair and put a 4 point harness car seat on it for extended gaming nights. Think if it can life 20+ pounds, that 20 pounds of force and chairs use some thin woods most of the time. It was probably an old chair or perhaps a moded chair. What I don’t get is how it would come undone from the 4 bolts?
I call shenanigans… There had to be some serious modding going on with that chair…